- After Fluence and Koleos, Renault is to launch Duster in India. Adapted to the needs of Indian customers, Duster will be fully produced at Chennai and rolled out on the Indian market in the second half of 2012.
- Duster will be part of a range of five vehicles launched between now and end-2012. Together, they will form the most youthful line-up on the Indian market.
- In a country where customer standards are increasing in step with market growth, this product offensive is being accompanied by the development of a nationwide network and top-quality services.
- The development of Renault activities in India demonstrates the brand’s aim to become a major player in a market that constitutes the third pillar of its international strategy.
With the first Indian customers taking delivery of their new Fluence, Renault is announcing the production and sale of Duster in India. The SUV is part of a range designed to cover a broad portion of the local market segments.
DUSTER, a SUV that meets market expectations
Produced at the Chennai plant, Duster has been adapted to conditions in the Indian market. To satisfy Indian consumers and their strong expectations in terms of value for money and technological content, specific adaptations have been made to the product, that will be launched in India.
Unprecedented launch schedule
The five launches planned in a period of just 15 months constitute a first not just for Renault but for the Indian market itself. Fluence, the first launch in the product offensive and Renault’s flagship in India, was released in late May, and the reaction has been very positive. Fluence will be followed by Koleos, positioned in the premium SUV segment. The third vehicle will be a compact car built on an Alliance platform that will represent the core range model. Together with a fifth vehicle to be presented at a later date, these cars will form the most youthful range on the Indian market.
Product offering bolstered by network and top-quality services
High-quality services and an extensive network are essential to winning customer loyalty. Renault India is developing a dealership network, which currently includes 14 dealerships. The company’s aim is to increase that number to 40 by the end of the year and to 100 at end-2012 (covering 55 cities or 90% of the market). In addition, the service offer includes a comprehensive package called “Renault Complete Care”, comprising technicians trained in France, at every dealership, a four-year/80,000 km warranty and a one-year warranty for maintenance and repair, free service coupons at 2,000 km, 10,000 km and 20,000 km, and 24/7 assistance.
“We understand that the Indian customer is extremely value conscious, hence our commitment to globally benchmarked product quality, service and after-sales quality and network quality” says Jérôme Stoll, Executive VP, Sales and Marketing.
India, the third pillar of Renault’s international strategy
With Brazil and Russia, India is one of the three pillars of the Group’s international strategy. The development of Renault activities in India reflects the company’s aim to become a major player in this fast-growing market.
|RENAULT IN INDIA COMPRISES:
- an Alliance plant with a capacity of 400,000 vehicles/year by 2015 (Chennai)
- an Alliance engineering centre, Renault Nissan Technology and Business India Pvt Ltd (Chennai)
- a sales subsidiary, Renault India Private Ltd (Chennai)
- a logistics and export center for Renault and Nissan parts (Pune)
- 14 dealerships in 14 cities in May 2011 (100 planned by Dec-2012)
|THE INDIAN MARKET
- 20% annual growth (1,2 million vehicles in 2005, 3 million expected by end 2011)
- the fourth largest global market by 2015
- 60% of first-time buyers and 57% of car buyers are under the age of 35 (2009 figures)