Renault Duster has received 18 distinctions in India since its launch in July 2012, including the coveted title of âCar of the Year 2013â.
With more than 20,000 Dusters delivered to customers in six months, Renault Duster is second in Indiaâs SUV segment.
- Renault has received a total of 23 awards in India, more than any other carmaker in the country in 2012.
In just a few weeks, Renault has won 18 distinctions in India. Performing strongly since its launch in July 2012, Renault Duster is now one of the 15 best-selling models in India. It generates more than two-thirds of Renaultâs sales in the country.
â In the past few weeks, Renault India has received an unprecedented number of honours from the local media, â said Marc Nassif, Managing Director of Renault India. â For instance, Renault India was voted Car Manufacturer of the Year, Duster has been named Car of the Year by most Indian media, while Pulse and Scala were also distinguished in their respective segments. This is great recognition for a young brand in India like Renault. â
Renault Duster: Indian Car of the Year 2013
On December 20, 2012, in Mumbai, Renault Duster received the title of 2013 Indian Car of the Year (ICOTY). This accolade, created in 2006, is awarded based on a modelâs intrinsic qualities, from its design, comfort and safety to its innovations and performance. It distinguishes cars that are extremely popular in India and underscores the fantastic success of this new model in the national market, where Renault Duster has created a new segment and already won over more than 20,000 customers.
Renault, the most applauded brand in India
Within two years of its launch on the Indian market, Renault has become the countryâs most applauded brand, for the quality of the Duster and Pulse products it markets as well as the work accomplished by its local teams with the Scala commercial. A round-up of the accolades received:
- Indian Car of the Year (ICOTY): Duster, Car of the Year
- Autocar and Bloomberg TV: Duster, Car of the Year, Viewersâ Choice, and SUV of the Year
- NDTV: Duster, Car of the Year and Compact SUV of the Year; Scala, Creative TV Commercial of the Year; Pulse, Premium Hatch of the Year; and Renault India, Car Manufacturer of the Year
- Top Gear: Duster, Compact SUV of the Year and Readersâ Choice for the BBC and Times of India
- Car India: Duster, SUV of the Year
- Overdrive and CNBC-TV 18: Duster, Compact SUV of the Year
- Vicky.in, Motor Vikatan (Chennai) and Team BHP: Duster, Car of the Year
- Zigwheels and Economic Times: Duster, Car of the Year, Readersâ Choice and entry-level SUV of the Year
- AutoJunction.in: Duster, Car of the Year and Utility Vehicle of the Year; Renault Pulse, SuperMini of the Year; Renault Scala, Mid-size Sedan of the Year
About Renault India
Renault currently markets five models in India â a premium sedan (Fluence), a luxury SUV (Koleos), a premium compact (Pulse), a compact SUV (Duster) and a small sedan (Scala). Renault cars are manufactured at the Renault-Nissan Alliance plant in Oragadam, near Chennai. Currently, Renault India has around 100 dealerships throughout the country.